Suggestions on ways you, your family, or your faith-based or community-based organization can help promote adoption for children in foster care:
- Email your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and employees to invite them to sign up to receive the monthly One Church One Child e-newsletter.
- Hang posters featuring a child available for adoption in your buildings, lobbies, cafeterias, lounges, and other areas visible to both employees and the public. Find materials.
- Host a public adoption orientation meeting for your friends, family, members or employees in cooperation with your local community based care provider.
- If your organization provides a financial stipend or parental leave to employees who adopt, promote awareness of these benefits and refer interested employees to Explore Adoption.
- Make One Church One Child brochures available to everyone. Download materials.
- Post a link on your Web page to the One Church One Child of Florida website, www.ococfl.or, and follow @OCOC on Twitter.
- Sponsor or provide in-kind and/or monetary donations to extend the reach of One Church One Child’s Adoption initiative.
- Use your internal newsletters, newspapers, magazines or other publications to promote awareness of public adoption by featuring a child or sibling group available for adoption, running an article about One Church One Child’s initiative and/or regularly featuring the One Church One Child of Florida logo, 1-888-283-0886 and www.ococfl.org.
- Encourage members to volunteer with your One Church One Child Local Advisory Committee.
- Invite your local OCOC Advisory Member to speak to your membership at an informational meeting.
- Sponsor an event promoting One Church One Child of Florida and the children awaiting adoption.
Ways to Contribute to OCOC
Every child deserves a forever, permanent home and family. You can make a difference - a child is waiting for adoption or foster care in Florida.
Our Partnership Program provides opportunities for businesses, organizations and individuals to join with OCOC in lending support to families.
Please consider donating your time and experience with us. Opportunities vary throughout the state but we can use any services you have to offer.